Hey! If you’re looking to learn how to get whiter skin, lighten any dark pigmentation or just learn different aspects of the skin in order to make it glow and keep it young and healthy, you have come to the right place 🙂 This blog will certainly help you or at least direct you to know exactly how to get whiter skin. It seems so many people are wanting to know how to get whiter and lighter skin but the information on the net is sporadic and all over the place. So I’m going to try and bring it all together and give you all the guaranteed ways to get a brighter skin tone.
Hi! Please share or like my blog at the bottom of this page 🙂 So I know all my hard work is appreciated and it helps it out a lot, thanks!
Pages on this site will generally be revolved around skin lightening products. Posts, however, we discuss the ingredients found in skin lightening products. If you are using a Smartphone, the posts will be located at the bottom of this page.
My personal story!
” I started this blog after my travels through Asia. I noticed in every store there were skin lightening products and it was hard to buy anything that didn’t advertise a whitening effect. The problem I noticed was the people who were trying to get whiter skin looked ridiculous. Before I knew anything about bleaching it was easy to tell they were doing something like that to their skin. Their complexion was all over the place and in an effort to lighten their skin they were destroying it.
I looked further into it and found most the ingredients in the skin creams and soaps were not proven or efficient ingredients to get whiter skin at all. Most of them advertised collagen even tho collagen is useless in a topical cream. The creams that would have worked had ridiculous price tags on them and only the wealthy or very desperate could afford. Also, it seemed glutathione must have been extracted from gold because the prices for most supplements were just not fair. So I decided if I write a blog on how to get whiter skin cheap and efficiently so maybe I can help a few people who are trying as hard to lighten their skin as the people I saw in Asia.”
So what do we have here?
On this page, “How to get whiter skin”, we will look at the best natural ingredients to whiten your skin tone and lighten those dark spots. If natural creams, pills, soaps or injectables are more your thing , click on the colored text that lightens them 😉
>>>> Go here for a complete guide to lighten your skin and get rid of all those blemishes by prepairing ingredients and recipes that are in creams worth hundreds of dollars. Homemade creams are fresher and cheaper.
Also, you are able to use specially formulated ingredients that commercial creams cannot use because they oxidise within weeks <<<<
A quick look at different ways to get lighter skin.
In case you don’t want to read everything and just skip through life, I mean this site haha. Here is a quick list describing different ways to lighten your skin tone and clear up those dark spots. I won’t be adding hydroquinone to the list because the more I have learned the more I believe it is unsafe, not effective, and not legal in most countries anyway.
- Alpha-Arbutin (Bearberry)
- Sodium lactate
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate
- kojic acid
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Ascorbic Acid, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C)
- Licorice Extract
- Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Glutathione, this antioxidant is the main ingredient for most lightening pills.
- Vitamin C speeds up the process
- Alpha lipoic acid aids in the production and absorption of glutathione
- Injections are the fastest way to get whiter skin but banned in many countries.
- Vitamin C therapy can also speed up the whitening process but is not necessary.
Natural face masks and creams.
- Rice flour
Recipes with these ingredients can be mixed up to make whitening facemasks. Great for your skin in many ways not just how to get whiter skin.
Why do we want to get a whiter skin tone
For centuries cultures all around the world were trying to get whiter skin. People have tried many things like milk and various ingredients to get whiter skin. In today’s society, the need for a lighter whiter skin complexion has caused people to use harsh chemicals that are harmful to the skins health. The main reason behind why people are trying to get whiter skin came from early days when the wealthy and elect spent most of their time indoors while the poor labored in the fields under the sun. Still to this day people look at someone with whiter skin tone as more beautiful and having a greater chance to marry someone wealthy. It is silly that we care so much about this just because our culture says we should, but at the end of the day, we all want to look beautiful or at least look the best we can.
Millions affected by cultural idealism, are you?
When I was younger I had acne so bad that my life seemed to revolve around my skin. I hated that every time people looked at me I always imagined they thought the worst. There are so many people that say we just need to accept how we are and move on and I understand that, but sometimes it’s harder than they think. I don’t have acne anymore, now that my hormones have balanced out things are ok. Would I ever want to go back to that place even if I could somehow accept it? No! I’m sorry I wouldn’t. I’m glad that it is over because it consumed my thoughts. I’m sure those people that tell us to just accept the way we are don’t wake up in the morning and leave the house without brushing their hair, putting on their favorite clothes, shoes or make-up . It is a biological human trait to want to look the best we can, whether it is to find a partner or to just look good for ourselves. Some things we can’t change, some things we have to accept and find strength to let go of, but some things we can change and if we do we can become more confident because of it. Ultimately we should love ourselves by accepting who we are and the beautiful variety of colors our race has been given, but also by looking after us the best we can. Just as much as there is a cultural idea in some parts of the world that white skin is beautiful, where I am from, darker skin is beautiful. So see cultural idealism for what it is and be proud of who you are.
Why do you have dark skin and why is it getting darker.
There are three main components that make up the color of your skin. Melanin, carotene and your blood vessels. Melanin is responsible for the dark brownish color while carotene is the yellowish shade that you tend to see with Asians. The reddish pinkish color, of course, is from the blood vessels. Melanin, however, comes in two forms. Pheomelanin which is a lighter, yellowish shade or Eumelanin which is a darker shade. These three components melanin, carotene, and the blood vessels more or less make up the skin colors that we have in different people all over the world. An excess of melanin in areas of the skin will show up as darker patches.
You can get a fairer complexion.
There are many natural ways of utilizing fruit, herbs, oils and milk to lighten your skin. If you would like to know how to get whiter skin and get rid of those dark spots through natural means we will be uploading a few powerful recipes here …link coming….. . Getting whiter skin this way can be a safe effective approach, but also a tediously slow process people tend to give up on before they see results. There are some companies that have spent millions in research finding out how to get whiter and lighter skin for different skin types. I have added some of the best on the market here on the skin whitening cream products page. And here also on the Glutathione pills for whiter skin page.
How to get whiter skin – In two steps.
So here is how to get whiter fairer skin! You first need to limit the production of melanin. Melanin is produced by the stimulation of melanocytes (cells that secrete melanin when the sun is heavy on the skin). More sun equals more melanin. As dead cells and melanin collect together the skin’s surface shows discoloration, dark spots, age spots, and pigmentation.
Everybody knows that the sun is responsible for raising the production of melanin which we call a tan, so the first step is to either keep out of it or protect yourself from it. In my travels through Thailand and the Philippines, it is the norm to see boys and girls completely covered from head to toe with clothes to protect themselves from the sun. It is the culture to desire whiter skin in these countries so a lot of people will suffer in 40c heat while working under the sun in an effort to avoid getting a skin tan. I would assume because most skin products have whitening agents in them, they would need to protect themselves from the sun as their melanin has also been reduced.
The second step to get whiter skin would be to reduce the melanin or lighten what is in the skin already. Creams and pills that Inhibit the Tyrosinase enzyme work well because melanin uses this enzyme to be created. With natural recipes, this can be achieved over time. Using alpha hydroxy acids or AHA’s to roughly exfoliate the skin will also help to lighten it. Or it can be achieved instantly with bleachers and various forms of creams with or without hydroquinone a chemical that lightens skin by killing melanocytes. For safer results and even more effective results, Kojic Acid and Alpha-Arbutin can be used as well as other substances, like Vitamin C or gluconic acid.
The safest and most effective product throughout the world today and popular with the young people of Asia is the consumption of glutathione. Glutathione lightens the melanin that is their producing Pheomelanin which is the lighter shade instead of eumelanin. Sadly glutathione is not the cheapest way to get whiter skin. For fastest results, it is administered intravenously but can be taken in pill form to effectively lighten and get whiter skin.
Stop! This May Be Just What Your Looking For
A Jamaican lady who has struggled with darker pigmentations and issues with her skin her whole life. She has devoted a lifetime into whitening her skin and tried everything that does and doesn’t work. There is no other manual like this on the whole net and it guarantees you results or your money back. If you think that making your own creams and serums sounds like a good idea then this product is definitely for you. Cheaper than a small tube of skin whitening cream , this product will help you to learn how to make whitening creams for the rest of your life, and not just recipes to lighten the skin but to rejuvenate it and get that youthful appearance back. A lot of companies cannot put the best components into their creams because they don’t last long, but with this, you can make everything fresh and utilize the biological factor to whiten and rejuvenate your skin.
Let’s look at some great natural ingredients to get whiter blemish free skin
How to get whiter skin with Lemon
If you were to search for how to get a lighter fairer skin complexion with natural ingredients or how to get whiter skin naturally, the first thing you will find is that lemon is favored to lighten your skin tone. Most web pages dedicated to getting whiter skin will have recipes which include the use of lemon because it does work over time if you continue to use it and is the strongest way to lighten your skin naturally.
Be cautious, however, because even tho the citric acid in lemon works to reduce melanin and get a whiter skin complexion it can also have the opposite effect if you use it the wrong way.
Lemon contains a few properties that are good for your skin but can also be harmful. You can use Citric acid a property in lemon to bleach the skin and hair follicle. It fades freckles dark spots, hyper-pigmentation, age spots, acne scars and will lighten your skin tone. However, the same chemical can be the cause of serious irritation, inflammation and a painful condition called phytophotodermatitis as well.
Lemon is a powerful exfoliator as it contains essential alpha hydroxy acids. It’s also full of vitamin c and contains vitamin B3 and niacin which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Lemon is also a great way to get your acne
under control as It’s full of antibacterial properties and antioxidant’s
Tips on using lemon to for lighter skin
Some would suggest eating lemon for its antioxidants and vitamin C instead of using it topically because of its potent acids. However, if you test it on your skin, stay away from the sun and use it as a part of a mixed recipe it should work well for you.
- It can take months before you notice results but it does work so hang in there.
- the results are temporary so if you stop and go into the sun your skin will darken again. However, over time the results last longer.
- with any routine or recipe using lemon don’t use it every day. More than 4 days a week is too much so every other day is ideal as it
- Never use in the morning or before you go out into the sun, the risks of phytophotodermatitis are very real
- Do not leave on for more than a few minutes, the acidic formula and the low ph can cause irritation.
- Its better to use lemon in a recipe with other natural ingredients such as turmeric, sandalwood, honey or papaya to get whiter skin.
- Test your skin first before using lemon, no two lemons are the same, some have more citric acids than others. If you experience redness, itchiness, irritation or inflammation on your skin, stop using it. Your skin may be too sensitive for it.
- If you do use it topically make sure to use moisturizer as well. Lemon can dry out your skin over time.
- If you do go into the sun, Use sunscreen!
How to get whiter skin with Papaya
Papaya is widely used by people who want to get a whiter skin and a fairer complexion. It whitens the skin in a similar way to lemon but is not as harsh on sensitive skin. It has another ingredient called papain which is an enzyme responsible for lightening the skin, fading acne scars and blemishes, anti-aging and cell repair as well as encouraging the production of collagen. The active enzyme papain is most concentrated in the peel or the pulp just under the skin. If your skin is sensitive to the concentrated peel you can use the pulp as it contains latex and is less of an irritant.
You can use Papaya peel for burns as its healing properties for cell reproduction are amazing and is also antibacterial so will keep wounds clean.
Papaya is loaded with Flavonoids, potassium, magnesium and vitamins A,B,E and C. Eating the fruit is also recommended to get a fair or whiter complexion. It also has alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) that make it great for exfoliation and is proven to be a potent anti-aging supplement.
Benefits Of Papaya
- Exfoliates: Exfoliation is essential to maintaining good skin health. The alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) in papaya clean away dead skin cells as well as dirt and oil and provide a bacteria free environment to heal from acne and inflammation.
- Skin Hydration: Your skin needs potassium for hydration and Papaya fruit is full of it.
- Reduces Signs of Aging: Papaya is loaded with Vitamin C which promotes the production of collagen and improves skin elasticity. It is an antioxidant that reduces the effects of free radicals that age your skin, coupled with Vitamin A’ antioxidative qualities it’s a recipe for youth and fair skin.
- Fades Acne Scars: Acne scars are reduced because of the properties of Vitamin A which also fights against dry skin.
- Heals Chronic Skin Diseases: The papain enzyme in Papaya can fight off diseases in the skin as it has exceptional healing qualities and anti-inflammatory properties. It encourages and aids cell reproduction and fights allergens contaminants and micro organism’s that cause disease acne and inflammation
- Brightens Skin Complexion: You can use Papaya to brighten your complexion but it does not inhibit melanin production, So alone it won’t be an effective skin whitening agent but is still useful for achieving fairness and reducing blemishes
If you are adding Papaya to your routine to get whiter skin, make sure you don’t leave it on more than a few minutes as it has a drying effect on the skin.
How to get whiter skin with Turmeric.
Turmeric is known in India as Haldi it is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. It fights free radicals in the skin preventing aging, wrinkles, acne, eczema etc. It has a lightening effect and will reduce blotchy dark patches, pigmentation, redness and even out skin tone. Especially skin caused by excess sun and environmental factors. you will get whiter skin if used over a few months.
It’s been used in Asian and Indian countries for centuries for its healing properties inside the body as well as out. People use turmeric on their skin to prepare for a big event to look their best. Diseases such as rosacea and eczema can be helped with turmeric.
Curcumin which is a component of turmeric inhibits excessive production of melanin in the skin, the brown patchy spots or darker areas you see on some people is an excess of melanin in that area. If someone was to get a tan from the sun turmeric can reverse this melanin production and cause the skin to become lighter and get whiter.
For a whitening face mask mix turmeric and lemon together. Alternatively, if your skin is sensitive to lemon you can use cucumber juice instead. If used every day you will see the lightening and evening out of skin tone in about 3 months. If used as a face mask on dry skin its best used with different oils (Castor oil, extra virgin etc.). If you have oily skin combined it with yogurt or milk.
- Turmeric is a staining agent; it will stain your fingernails until they grow out so it’s a good idea to wear gloves. Also, tie your hair up and wear a black or throw away t-shirt. You may notice you have slightly yellow hands, fingers, and face but it washes off fairly easy. If you mix any recipe using turmeric you will need to use steel, ceramic or glass utensils.
Benefits of Turmeric
- Anti-Bacterial: Turmeric has been used as a healing agent for hundreds of years. It is still used today by making a paste and putting on wounds, cuts, and burns to keep bacteria away.
- Anti-Aging: Many people use it because it makes the skin feel soft and smooth. It also reduces redness and blemishes. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and stops the aging process from free radicals. It stimulates new cell growth and improves the skin’s elasticity.
- Lighten Pigmentation and Skin Tone: If you have any forms of discoloration (age spots, dark spots) over time turmeric will surely help. Many people throughout the world rave about turmeric’s ability to even out skin complexion and lighten the skin for a fairer complexion.
- Cure for Acne: Turmerics anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties are known to heal and drive away the causes of acne prone skin. Used with other natural ingredients it will get oily skin under control and completely sedate the skins inflamed responses.
- Controls Facial Hair: Turmeric, if used over time and applied daily, will slow down the growth of facial hair.
How to get whiter skin with Tomatoes
A lot of us would remember our mothers saying “eat your tomatoes they’re good for your skin”. Well, whether you listened to them or not they were right. Tomatoes red appearance is a carotenoid which is a powerful antioxidant. They are also full of vitamin C and A and an astringent property which is good for lightening dark skin. Another plus to the humble tomato is it balances the pH when applied to the skin. Tomatoes when placed on the skin stimulate the production of collagen and the restoring of dead skin cells. Over time they will cause the skin to appear lighter because the nutrients and enzymes in tomatoes heal blemished skin and cause it to become younger looking.
Apart from using tomato topically, its true power is through ingesting it. Eating tomatoes regularly will make your skin more resistant from the sun. If you don’t remember mum saying eat tomatoes for good health maybe you remember her telling you to put tomato juice on your sunburn. Well, there is truth to this as well, tomatoes really do heal sunburn faster.
Benefits of tomato juice on your skin
- Reduces skin pores: Tomato is great at reducing the size of pores and tightening the skin. Just rub tomato on your face before bed or use in conjunction with avocado for a super pore reducing face mask.
- Relieves irritated skin: if you at all have itchiness, redness or scaling just rub some tomato on your face. Tomato balances out the pH in the skin and relieves irritation.
- Lightens Skin Tone: The acids in tomato can even skin complexion and lighten dark skin. It works a little the same way lemon juice does by inhibiting melanin but far from being as irritating.
- Removes Blackheads: As written above tomato reduces the size of pores as well as cleanses and cleans. It dries up oily skin and fights off blackheads.
- Fights against Aging: Tomato has potent antioxidant qualities. It fights against bacteria and cleans up free radicals to maintain youthful healthy skin for years to come.
How to get whiter skin with Raw Milk
Milk has been used to softened and nourished the skin for centuries. We have all heard of Cleopatra who would bath in milk to keep her skin glowing. The benefits of milk are remarkable and it has many nutrients to keep your skin balanced and healthy. Milk also has bleaching effect from the lactic acids so if you are trying to get whiter skin and a fairer complexion look into getting and bathing in raw milk
It’s important to be aware that when we talk about milk for topical skin treatment were referring to Raw milk. Boiled milk has lost most its nutrients and will not work as well. Putting boiled milk onto oily skin will make it oilier but raw milk will balance it. Raw milk is sensitive and a great way to nourish all skin types. If you would like to use it for its bleaching/whitening effects its best used with other ingredients such as,,, Honey, cucumber, sandalwood, turmeric, lemon, tomato, rice or chickpea flour, oatmeal etc.
A popular way to get the nutrients and lactic acid effect from milk is to use yogurt. Yogurt is a little stronger and contains good bacteria as well.
Benefits of raw milk
- Skin toner: It is an exceptional toner and improves elastin and firmness.
- Removes tan and lightens complexion: Raw milk is great at controlling the hormone that produces melanin. If used with other ingredients such as sandalwood it tomato juice it can lighten and treat the skins complexion.
- Moisturizer: Raw milk is a very rich moisturizer it can be used on all skin types even oily skin.
- Fights Acne: It is great to balance out oily or dry skin and is a multipurpose cleanser. So it fights against the causes of acne.
- Anti-Aging: Raw milk is great in combination with banana to make a face cream that counteracts premature aging. It reduces fine lines and sun spots and helps the skin to look younger and healthier with a nice glow.
- Natural Sunscreen: Raw milk reverses the effects of the sun but also acts as a sunscreen to prevent tanning.